Everything about Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport is an international airport and one of the largest in England. The airport carries millions of passengers every year.
Which facilities can I find at Manchester Airport?
Manchester Airport has numerous facilities, including shops and restaurants. In addition, there are many other amenities that make for a pleasant time, including:
- Free WiFi: to message your family or read the news, connect to the airport’s free WiFi network. This can be done up to 4 hours per 24 hours.
- Runway Visitor Park: do you have a bit longer at the airport? Then head to the Runway Visitor Park, where you can admire a Concorde (a supersonic passenger plane) or enjoy the landing and takeoff from other planes.
In addition, enjoy a nice drink or snack at the airport. In addition to the well-known chains, such as KFC, Burger King and Starbucks, there are also several other restaurants, where you can relax with a nice meal:
- Trattoria Milano: if you fancy a delicious Italian meal, dine at Trattoria Milano. The menu includes dishes such as pizza, pasta and great desserts.
- Spinning Jenny: beer lovers order one of the specialty beers in this atmospheric restaurant, where you can also taste various BBQ dishes.
- Mi Casa Burritos: for a Mexican meal, Mi Casa Burritos is a great choice. Order a fresh salad or a burrito with beef, chicken or pork.
- Camden Food Co: looking for a healthy breakfast? At Camden Food Co, they serve baguettes, yogurt and salads.
If you want to shop at Manchester Airport, you also have a wide choice. It houses many clothing stores, such as JD Sports, BOSS and Timberland. In addition, go to The Body Shop for a gift or shop electronics at Dixons.
How do I get from Manchester Airport to the city center?
The airport is located just south of the city center of Manchester. You can choose to take a taxi to your hotel. Outside rush hour, this ride takes about 20 minutes. In rush hour the travel time can be up to an hour. A good alternative is to travel by public transport. It takes about 25 minutes by train, for example. The Manchester Piccadilly terminus station is located on the edge of the city center.