Things to know about easyJet
When Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou founded easyJet in 1995 at the age of 28, he certainly did not expect to be knighted for entrepreneurship in 2006. He set up the airline with the idea of offering low-cost flights in Europe. His goal was a huge success because, in 2018, the airline was named ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in the UK’ for the second time. EasyJet’s home base is in Luton Airport, England. In April 1996, easyJet flew its own plane to Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Nice for the first time. Nowadays, easyJet flies on 802 flight routes to 31 countries and new destinations are added every year. For low-cost airline tickets, Travelgenio.uk is the right place to find the best deals! Book now!
Reasons to fly with easyJet
- Offers low-cost flights across Europe
- Flies to 150 destinations in Europe and North Africa
- Save for upgrades with the Flight Club loyalty program
- As a business traveller, you save for extras with the easyJet Plus program
- It is not without reason that easyJet has been voted “Best Low-Cost Airline” several times by the readers of Business Traveler magazine.
More on easyJet
- easyJet made its first booking by phone in 1995. Two years later, they launched the website for bookings to be made online.
- easyJet welcomed its millionth passenger on board in 1999. 14 years later, the airline has carried 60 million passengers.
- easyJet won its “Best Low-Cost Airline” for the first time in 1999.
- easyJet is the largest airline in the UK as of 2010, with over 50% of its passengers arriving from outside the UK for the first time in 2009.
- easyJet was the first airline to fly directly from London to Moscow.